So tonight I finished making the straps for my smokkr. I’m not going to sew them on until I finish the tablet weaving and decide which brooches I want to to wear for the GRAND UNVEILING.
I sewed the shoulder seam of the serk the other day. I took it upstairs to work on during a lull at work, and I forgot to bring a pen and ruler upstairs, so I straightened the edges of my linen by pulling a thread, took off my glasses and sewed the seam by going along one thread.
I am possibly too fussy to be a Viking.
The rest of the night will be spent working on the serk. I want to make sure this goes along as quickly and easily as the smokkr. Stay tuned…