More embroidery. Finally finished with the white shirt and moving on to other parts. I’ve started the taf’ja embroidery, copying a chaplet from the traceable heraldry series. Not 100% accurate but my own heraldry has a chaplet of thorns and I wanted to incorporate it somehow.
Finished the kolpak, lining and all. It’s a bit wonky in spots from how I had to piece the fur together and is very cozy. For my first time working with rabbit fur I am very pleased. I probably could have avoided most of the piecework I had to do if I had been a bit smarter about how I cut it out, or perhaps a bit less worried about the direction the fur lay in.
Got a bit more embroidery done on the taf’ja.
All of my extra supplies arrived–buttons, wooden beads, and my sash fabric. I held off on ordering them until I knew what I wanted. Documentation posted up.
Finished embroidery on the taf’ja. I’ll be making a few more layers for it to help give it some structure. It definitely needs it.
My original plan was to cover the wooden beads with fabric and use them as the closure for the shirts. However, the beads are a bit chunkier than expected, so I went with a plain fabric knot for the white shirt. I don’t particularly want a wooden bead pressed under the layers against skin.
If anything has come of this my backstitch is much improved.
Finished a simple backstitch around the red shirt. May add more if time allows.
Posted 3/18 at 19:19 local time