Nigel’s pants have been completed. He put the button hole for the drawstring and then I hemmed them. If I had to do over I would have make the center strip smaller in the front and larger in the back.
I used a t-tunic pattern. The tunics they found in digs did not have set in sleeves.
I decided to inkle weave trim for Nigels’ cloak. I don’t believe that inkle looms are period for Northern Europe. The trim looks similar to card weaving and goes much faster and I already have 2 card weaving projects I am doing for this project.
I used yarn from my stash. The black is store bought wool yarn. The blue is wool that I dyed with indigo. The yellow/orange is roving that I purchased already dyed. I then spun it on my spinning wheel. The blue wool is a pain to inkle weave but it goes so well with the color of his cloak that I had to use it. Nigel made the inkle loom a few years ago.
I took a nalbinding class during Fiberary from the West Coast. So I decided to make socks for both Nigel and myself. I was going to spin the wool but at least for the first pair of socks it is going to be store bought wool from what I have on hand. I am still learning nalbinding but it is going very well. I watched a video on how to make a sock. All of them seemed to start with a circle but our feet our not round so I started it out flat and then started curving in to make cylinder.
I did more weaving on the warp weighted loom.