Part of the issue with this miniature is the artist’s style. He highlights *everything* in gold. Every picture has the same style of gold highlights. Chances are the fabric was not striped in gold.
Looking closely at the sleeve on the left, there is a series of gold bows and knots along the top of the lower sleeve as well as the bows holding the sleeve around the arm.
The sleeves are made from fine, wine colored wool with very similar hand to the fabric of the body of the dress. It is a twill while the body fabric is a tabby, but they look alike. The sleeve pieces consist of three layers; the wool, the purple linen lining, and a layer of white medium weight linen as an underlining. I considered using a slicker lining fabric – I bought some heavyweight silk for the purpose – but I’ve done that before and had trouble with the sleeves pieces always making a break for it down my arm. With a linen lining closely held around a linen chemise, I am hoping they stay put more readily from friction if nothing else.
The lower sleeve piece has the ties sewn in.
The sleeves with embroidered and ribbon detail.
Edited to add the shoulder knot details.
The laundry room is also looking pretty good. We had a window bricked up behind where the cabinets are now, then we did the interior construction of the wall ourselves. Daylight is provided by a new Solatube in the ceiling. We also added two ceiling spots and under cabinet lighting, doing the electrical work ourselves. Since this picture was taken, we added a base cabinet next to the dryer and are working on replacing the doors on a pantry cabinet, that they no longer make in that size so we had to keep it; and transforming an old built in ironing board shallow cabinet into storage.