I started sewing yesterday, and assembled my split gore on the smokkr. I finished that this morning, and then took to my bed because my back is paining me something terrible. After a lovely nap on my heating pad, I’m back at it, working on pleating the front.
I have a lot of pleats to do to draw this in enough. I drew out 8” worth of pleats, and each one takes about ten minutes to complete. I have ten done so far and have around 7 left to do. By the time I’m done, I expect that I will have drawn that 8” down into 4”. That may or may not be enough; we’ll see what it looks like when I look at it in the mirror.
Back to pleating!
OMG y’all, they are
I’m super happy with them. My original intent was to pleat the entire space between my brooches, which is about 8 inches. I no longer think that’s necessary, and also, with the 2” into 1” takeup, I’d have to pleat four more inches on either side.
I don’ wanna.
I think that would look stupid directly over my breasts anyway, so I’m calling it good. I might give these a press with my wee iron later.
I’m so excited. Finishing this means I can measure for where I want the back to close and then place the gores. I might get this done this week as planned, hopefully by Thursday.
It’s good to have goals. My next immediate goal is getting to bed. Night, y’all.