Sleeve

I wanted to share my thoughts behind the sleeve.

This was the starting blank for my sleeve. I knew it was too long, but couldn’t get a good picture of it actually on my arm. Working alone has it’s disadvantages! However, I took some marks and made these cuts.

Chopped!

The small cut on the bottom of the picture is the cuff. I had no fingers. Too long! Removed about two inches of sleeve end. The next cut, middle cut, is the end of my forearm, where I want the section of sleeve to end. The portrait shows us a lot of gap for sleeve to poke out of. The last cut is just above my elbow.

Too long, sleeve!

I measured the right cut to where my forearm ended. and the mark by my index finger is where my elbow actually lies. So my sleeve had about 4 inches of extra in the arm. Which I do not have, in my actual arm.

Voila!

And so we are ready to cut this out of the velvet, add the brocade parts and eyelets for lacing it on!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vogelgesangkin. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.